So, this morning I was craving dove chocolates – occasionally this will happen to me and I immediately go buy the yummy squares with inspirational messages. But today I decided to try and make something a little more creative with them. I looked on the Dove website and it had a list of recipes people had made with their chocolates. So I set my sights on the cheesecake trifles and IT WAS SUCH A GOOD CHOICE.
As a ritual, my person (Yukie) and I have dinner every Sunday. Theo (boyfriend) and Sergio will join us from time to time, and tonight they decided to. So I had all the pieces of the trifle in the fridge from the afternoon, and put them together after making dinner.
Left to right: Yukie, Sergio, me and Theodore
So, here’s the recipe! I highly recommend it! It was so so so delicious. But also really rich.
- 4 oz.(s) DOVE® Chocolate pieces, (16 pieces unwrapped)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (I did some strawberries too!)
- 8 oreos (or other chocolate sandwich cookies)
- More pieces of DOVE chocolate for garnish (if you want, I left these out)
1. Melt the chocolate (either in a microwave safe container or on the stove) and let it cool slightly
2. Mix together cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add the cooled chocolate and mix in.
3. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Add half of this to the chocolate/cream cheese mixture
4. Coarsely chop up the sandwich cookies
-Put a thin layer of cookie bits on the bottom of the mason jar/glass
-Add a layer of the chocolate/cream cheese mixture
-Add a dollop of whipped cream and a few berries
-Repeat first three layers ontop. Feel free to add garnish chocolates if desired.
I didn’t take any photos of these, because they weren’t very pretty and they also went fast – they were so delicious! They’re super rich though, so if you’ve got a sensitive tummy (like I do) I recommend just doing one set of layers.
This is a pretty easy recipe and it was my first trifle. I definitely plan on making it again soon 🙂
*****Bonus addition:***** I also made hot chocolate today! And according to Theo, it was the best hot chocolate he’s ever had, so I’ll note the *incredibly easy* recipe below:
2 cups of Almond Milk (unsweetened, vanilla)
3 ounces (12 pieces) of Dove milk chocolate
1. In a sauce pan, heat 1 cup of almond milk and melt in the chocolate
2. Once the chocolate has smoothly melted in, add the other cup of (almond) milk and let it heat through. Stir together and serve!
I added a few pieces of Andes’ mint chocolates for flavor, and garnished it with whipped cream from the trifles and a few more pieces of andes’ mints. It was delicious.
Everything I’ve read says you should just make it to your taste – add more or less chocolate and sugar if it’s not sweet enough.